Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Muppets Movie (2011)

There's a photo of me in one of my parents' albums that shows me as a three year old (or maybe just two) sitting on a footstool staring at the TV watching The Muppet Show. I loved the Muppets then and I still love them now. What a great idea Jason Segal had to just begin writing a Muppet Movie in hopes it got accepted by a studio and made into a movie. There are many things I loved about the Muppet movie I saw today. For starters...it's the Muppets! Anyone in their 30's (and early 40's) knows the Muppets and most likely still can sing the opening song and possibly Rainbow Connection. I think today that 3 year old self sitting on a footstool was in the theater today. I laughed and sang along in my head. It's classic Muppet Style with songs and jokes.  This movie is great for anyone in the before mentioned age group to take their kids to! I know my boys liked it but I think I appreciated the story so much more. Just be ready for silly musical numbers to just begin and lots of fun cameos from many current celebrities. I did see a few interviews and even Segal's recently hosted Saturday Night Live episode before seeing the movie so I was up to date with Segal's love for the Muppets and the idea of the movie. I thought the idea of actually using the fact that the Muppets have been dormat for many years in the minds and hearts of children (and adults) and created a problem that only the Muppets themselves could solve by coming together again after years apart was perfect and wonderfully done. I do highly recommend anyone who is a fan of the Muppets to see this movie. That child in me who loves the Muppets came together with the adult who loves Jason Segal in Forgetting Sarah Marshall in a great family fun way today. It's time to start the music, it's time to light the lights.....

No comments:

Post a Comment