Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Arthur Christmas 2011

Every now and then a new movie comes out at Christmas time that can actually capture the attention of all audiences and even add new ideas and elements to the classic tale of Santa Claus and the North Pole. Here's Arthur, the second son of Santa Claus. Didn't think Santa could have kids...um hello he is married. The idea that Santa Claus is not the same person rather a passed down family business name was nice and a little more realistic (if we are to keep up with the idea of Santa as a real person). Arthur loves Christmas, loves the idea of what his father does (or suppose to do) and fully believes in the magic of Christmas. But he is also kind of goofy. Reminds me of many movies where the hero is not really the big hunky guy but rather the skinny goofy one that maybe slightly less favored by his own father. (How to train a dragon comes to mind). But of course in the end Arthur proves his worth and reminds everyone why every child is important and how the magic of Christmas really is. The jokes and humor were clean with plenty for kids and adults. I doubt any child would get the reference to Grandpa Santa talking about almost starting WWIII during the Cuba Missile Crisis. Even I'm too young for that, but I do know some history. I found myself laughing and enjoying the movie. I think I liked it more than my own children. (yet again an animated movie fails to impress my 8 year old) And this movie may not find its way into our DVD collection. But it was a fun movie with a great message of the magic of Christmas and how every child should be remembered on Christmas. If you can go out and enjoy this one this Christmas weekend with the entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment