Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

I guess I should start this off by saying I don't really like Tom Cruise. There I said it. I am not a fan of Top Gun nor really any of the things he has done. (shocking I know). However the first Mission Impossible I enjoyed. I don't remember the 2nd one and I never saw the 3rd. Yes, this movie fan didn't can't even recall that there was a 3rd one. If you know me, you know I like movies like this, Star Trek, Bond (older and now Daniel Craig ones), Marvel's Avengers Heroes Movies, etc. And yes overall I enjoyed this movie. Simon Pegg really was more of what I enjoyed. I love him! He made the movie more enjoyable to watch. The movie itself plays on the old ideas of cold war tensions with Russia even in our current world. There's always someone trying to get Russia and the US to get into a nuclear war. And in classic Mission Impossible style not everything goes right even with gadgets and smart plans you don't always know about. The most silly thing was the hardest for me to watch as one afraid of heights. Sure Ethan Hunt did that on the tallest building in the world....right. But in general fans of Tom Cruise or Mission Impossible won't be disappointed in this one. And no you don't really need to see any of the others to see this one. However, I had no idea Ethan Hunt got married and lost his wife, guess that was in the 3rd movie. But, if you already saw Sherlock Holmes and need another date night out or movie to see go ahead and see this one you won't leave feeling like the trip to the theater wasn't worth it. Plus, maybe you'll get lucky and see the Titanic 3-D preview (that's a joke people!), but the Avengers preview is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment